Wednesday, July 15, 2009

7/15 - Goldielocks

Since yesterday's selection was a little on the sad side, let's make today opposite day. Nothin' sad about female British MC, Goldielocks. Sassy, adorable, and a little edgy, she fuses good time street party with social sarcasm and lays it down over a catchy hands-in-the-air kind of beat (provided, while performing live, on the tables by her very handsome husband). Continuing to get mileage out of the three days I spent sweating out SXSW, Goldielocks was yet another act that played on 3/20 at the Beauty Bar (sharing the bill with prior Daily Bombs Solid Gold and Juliette and the New Romantiques - what can I say? It was a fucking awesome showcase). In fact, here's a picture.



If you could drag that lens about two audience spots to the left, you'd see me holding a half-empty can of Sparks and halfdancing like people are ought to do when standing in a crowd of, oh, about 20 people - all who seem really happy to be there, but none of whom are drunk enough at 3pm to bust any kind of devilmaycare moves. Head bob/foot tap combo it is, then.

In a nice PR move, Ms. Locks was free with the handouts of her Bear Safe EP after the set. I snagged one, smiled, nodded, mumbled my thanks and then proceeded to allow three of my friends to upload it to their computers. In thanks for my mild crime spree, today, I give you Goldielocks. Buy some of her music. It's great stuff to listen to while putting on your Saturday night lipgloss.

Also, read her blog. It's a good time.

http://www.myspace.com/goldielocksmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment