Monday, September 14, 2009

9/14 - Colorama

A little sonic love by way of Wales today. I'm feeling a little melancholy, a little nostalgic, and a little chilly. I'm sick. It's gloomy outside and summer already looks like it's drifting south for the winter around here. So, I'm looking for something warm in my ears, and this is definitely it. Colorama have a few albums under their belts already, but with each they seem to be settling deeper into a soft psych/folk groove that I am entirely enjoying. Full warm horns along with some standing bass and acoustic strumming, despite the frequently Welsh lyrics, feel like sunset at El Matador Beach, which is a place I'd quite like to be right about now. Waves of cold water, warmth of the sun, baking the sand...if I close my eyes I'm right there. And I don't have this swollen, scratchy throat in my imagination,either. Summer sickness be gone!

Boy I sure do like the way those Welsh folks roll their r's.

http://www.myspace.com/coloramasound

No comments:

Post a Comment