Friday, August 7, 2009

8/6 - Fan Death




Disco sucks? Disco sucks? Disco sucks? Fan Death may as well be saying, "If you don't like the disco, go the fuck home!" If "Veronica's Veil" doesn't immediately make you want to put on your little micro-pleat diaphonous dresses and spin ecstatically in circles, then you might need to get your ears checked. The swelling strings of the intro alone promise all the joy of a shallow, vapid, dancefloor hit, and the duelling teutonic-sounding ladies' vocals deliver. Who wants their disco to be deep? Who ever wanted to hear a political statement when they were busy sucking up poppers and rubbing against a polyester boner under the influence of 8 gin fizzes? Not me, my friends. I like my polyester boner rubbing to be free of consciousness and guilt. Thanks Fan Death. I'm gonna play you tonight right after I play Jigsaw's "Sky High."

No comments:

Post a Comment