Tuesday, June 16, 2009

6/16 - We Have Band

Lord love technology! Just when I think that I've been impressed with how far a shoestring budget can take a determined fellow with a talent for electronics, something else comes up that makes me go, "What!?" We Have Band is a three piece out of London, until recently unsigned, who are the creators of a mere smattering of singles appearing on record labels like Kill Em All and 50 Bones Records (who? exactly)and a couple of Kitsune compilation exclusive. Yet, with essentially word of mouth, these former record industry employees have made a name for themselves with their salty savvy and delicious stew of disco drone and guileless 80s-esque boy/girl pop taunts.

But, the joyously jerky "Oh!" and the latest single "You Came Out" (with its hilarious employment of the phrase "turkey-basted" as a verb, aren't exactly what I was talking about up there. What I was really referring to was the fact that We Have Band has taken whatever resources were at their disposal and basically made me believe in the music video again.

The recent release of the "You Came Out" video shows us a ridiculously time-consuming and meticulous stop-motion version of the band and creeping face paint that apparently is composed of no less than 4,816 still photos edited together (all available on the bands flickr page, incidentally). In between each photo, the band members had to have the face pain cleaned off, and repainted. FOUR THOUSAND TIMES!! I mean, Jesus H. Christ, who can sit still for that long!? Let's appreciate their patience by watching this thing, shall we?





http://www.myspace.com/wehaveband

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God, finally a band I know! Yea! I'm not all that excited about the song, but like you, I loved the vid. Way to get (somewhat creepily) creative.

    ReplyDelete